Virtual care is changing the face of the medical industry. It is a convenient way for consumers to get the treatment they need without leaving their homes. It saves people time and money and offers benefits to doctors as well.
If you are considering virtual care options to assist with your medical needs, it’s important to know what’s involved. This article will provide a complete guide to virtual care.
What is Virtual Care?
Virtual care is any type of medical care that occurs over virtual platforms as opposed to in-person visits. It includes one on one visits as well as remote patient monitoring.
Remote patient monitoring allows patients to use mobile devices to send medical data to medical professionals.
How Does Virtual Care Benefit Patients?
Virtual care benefits patients in the following ways:
- Saves on the cost and time of commuting
- Provides access to medical care when they are on the road
- Eliminates time spent in a waiting room
- Provides care in rural communities that don’t have access to many medical facilities
- Allows patients to become more accountable for their health which yields better outcomes
- Provides peace of mind that their medical issues will be taken care of in a timely manner
- Reduces the spread of infectious diseases in waiting rooms
How Does Virtual Care Benefit Doctors?
Doctors also benefit from virtual care. Here are some of the advantages it offers providers:
- Increases consumer satisfaction- Many consumers prefer virtual care and opt for clinics that offer this option
- Less disruption over no-shows- When patients don’t show up for in-person appointments, it can disrupt the entire flow of the office. Virtual appointments are not as high maintenance and don’t take up as much time, so cancellations have less of an impact.
- Better Outcomes: When patients feel more accountable for their health, it yields better outcomes which translate into increased customer satisfaction.
What Kind of Needs Can Be Met in a Virtual Appointment?
Not every patient’s need can be taken care of virtually. Some will require a patient visit. So what kind of treatment is ideal for virtual visits? These include:
- Prescription refills
- Follow-up visits after surgery and procedures
Additionally, remote patient monitoring can be used in the following applications:
- Glucose meters for diabetes
- Heart rate or blood pressure monitors
- Continuous surveillance for patients with dementia
- Infertility treatment and monitoring
- At-home tests that keep substance abuse patients on track
- Diet logging and caloric intake programs
How Can I Access Virtual Care?
Today, most clinics offer a virtual care option. They will allow you to schedule a virtual appointment on their website or you may be able to call the office to schedule.
If your doctor does not provide virtual services, you may want to inquire about the possibility of them adding it to their service roster. If not, you may consider finding a provider that offers remote care.
UBERDOC Makes Finding Virtual Care Easy
UBERDOC makes it especially easy to find a provider that offers virtual care. Just scroll to the bottom of our homepage and click on UBERDOC Telemedicine. Then enter your zip code and your preferred specialty and you will find a variety of options you can choose from.
But convenient healthcare isn’t the only reason to choose UBERDOC. Here are some other benefits we offer.
Affordable Services: Consumers can schedule office visits through our website for just $250 per appointment. That’s cheaper than most insurance plans and copays.
See a Doctor Quickly: Our providers reserve appointments exclusively for UBERDOC users so you don’t have to wait months to get the treatment you need. Most appointments can be scheduled in 1-3 days.
No Hold Times: You can schedule appointments quickly and easily through our website, so you won’t have to wait on hold.
No Insurance Referrals: Our doctors do not require insurance referrals that can further delay treatment.
Perfect for Insured and Uninsured Patients: Insured? Uninsured? We offer affordable solutions regardless of your insurance status.
Quality Doctors: Our doctors are carefully vetted so you can feel confident that you are getting the quality care you need.
Virtual care allows patients to get the medical treatment they require in a convenient fashion. If you are looking for doctors that offer remote services, UBERDOCS can help.
Our platform features an easy-access database of specialists that are ready to provide affordable treatment. We will help you schedule an appointment quickly so you can take the stress of your medical issue off your shoulders.
Visit our website to find out more about what we have to offer. We look forward to serving you.